Harriett Copher Haynes Award
Call for Nominations for the 2017 Award
The Association for University and College Counseling Center Directors (AUCCCD), in an effort to enhance inclusive excellence and equity among directors, will offer the Harriett Copher Haynes Award to individuals who want to become counseling center directors. AUCCCD recognizes that establishing a mentoring relationship with an experienced director and networking with directors at the annual conference can provide a rich professional development experience for aspiring directors.
- No prior experience as a counseling center director.
- Interest in being a counseling center director and providing leadership in a higher educational setting.
- At least five years experience in a clinical position (some must have been in a staff position at a counseling center).
- Leadership experience on a cultural/diversity/inclusion-themed initiative or project.
- Represents diversity in such areas as race/ethnicity, physical ability or sexual orientation/gender identity.
- Experience advancing a cultural/diversity/inclusion agenda.
- Experience as a supervisor (preferred).
Nature of the Scholarship:
Up to three scholarships will be awarded for up to $2,500.00 each, to support the cost of attending the 2017 Director's conference in Denver, CO. Scholarship recipients will co-present a diversity themed program at the conference. Each recipient will also be matched with a current director who will serve as a mentor during the conference.
Individuals can be nominated by submitting their vitae, two letters of support (one letter must be from the applicant's home institution director), and a statement of interest that includes:
- How diversity has influenced their career.
- Their experience taking leadership on a cultural/diversity/inclusion-themed initiative or project.
- How issues of diversity have been implemented in their work and their experience advancing a cultural agenda.
Self nominations are accepted.
Send nomination materials as electronic attachments in Microsoft Word by May 8, 2017 to:
Sue Stock, Ph.D.
Northeastern Illinois University
- Jonathan Pastor, Princeton University
- Shonali Raney, The Ohio State University
- Erica Lennon, UNC - Charlotte
- Amber Cargill, Psy.D., The George Washington University
- Jason Vasquez, Ph.D., Illinois State University
- Eric Wood, Ph.D., LPC, Texas Christian University
- Julie M. AhnAllen, Ph.D., Boston College
- Lonette S. Belizaire, Ph.D., Pratt
- Gene R. Edwards, Ph.D., UNC, Charlotte
- Carolyn A. O'Keefe, Psy.D., University of California, Irvine
- Dianne Aguero-Trotter, Ph.D., Seton Hall University
- Adriana DiPasquale, Psy.D., Holy Cross University
- Xuhua Qin, Ph.D., Tufts University
- Dr. Christine Asidao, University of Michigan
- Dr. Amanda Ngola, University of Wisconsin- Madison
- Dr. John A. Ward, Miami University
- Dr. Vivian Yamada, University of Central Florida
- Dr. Natasha Maynard, Pemba, University of Florida
- Dr. Rene Monteagudo, University of Illinois
- Dr. Karen Nakayama, Fort Lewis College
- Dr. Melissa Barsch, University of Tennessee
- Dr. Sheri Clark, Appalachian State University
- Dr. Anshan Moore, Cornell University
- Tow Yee Yau, Cornell University
- Lynelle Ragland, College of William and Mary
- Angela Lee, North Carolina Central University
- Arnold (Arnie) Abels, University of Missouri at Kansas City
- Ellen Lin, San Jose State University
- Liz Snider, University of Buffalo
- Kendra Smith, University of North Carolina- Chapel Hill
- Shari Robinson, University of Florida
- Paul Castelino, Ohio University
- Jo-Ann Cohn, Penn State University
- Sharon Kirkland-Gordon, University of Maryland
- Bruce Menapace, Cleveland State University
- Micky Sharma, Wright State University
Mentor: Sylvia R. Balderrama, Vassar College
- Selia Servín-Guerrero López, St. Edward's University
Mentor: Denise Hayes, DePauw University
- Cyndy Boyd, University of Illinois at Chicago
Mentor: Louise Douce, Ohio State
- Gweneth Lloyd, State University of New York at New Paltz
Mentor: Vivian Boyd, University of Maryland
- Carla McCowan Alston, University of Illinois Urbana Campaign
Mentor: ValaRay Irvin, Southern University
- Barry Schreier, Purdue University
Mentor: Kevin Austin, California State Institute of Technology